Day 2: Saturday - So, Saturday was reserved for getting our wedding invitations all put together in order to get them sent off today. Well, in order to do that, they have to actually be here. You can imagine my frustration when our mailbox was EMPTY on Saturday. Grrr. I swear there's still going to be a wedding. At this point though, our guests may be getting a 3x5 index card in the mail in lieu of our pretty little invites. Double grrr. (Not going to stress, not going to stress...). Anywho, after that was an obvious flop, I spent the rest of the day rehydrating and getting ready for my b-day dinner that night at another fantastic restaurant - 21. It's one of my favorite places to hang out; but a bit too trendy for Jeff's taste. He played along nicely though and it was a great evening. I even got my sparkler cake that was the driving force behind having my little celebration there. And oh yeah, the mojitos are not cheap. But oh so tasty...
And onto Sunday... So, I was thinking Sunday would be our uber-recovery day (typically what our Sundays consist of...) but after a good night's sleep, gobs of water and my good friend, Aleve, we were good to go (albeit not until roughly 2 p.m.). We decided to take advantage of yet another sunny day here in Deutschland, hopped on Jeff's motorcycle and off we went, finding random places to land. And I got to sport my fabulously cute little motorcycle jacket he got me for Christmas last year. I'm one cool chick. At one point in our little escapade across Germany, we decided we were hungry. We saw a sign for a restaurant in some woods, so decided to take a peek. I felt like Alice in Wonderland. We managed to find ourselves in the middle of some random festival, complete with bratwursts and giant beers. I love Germany. So, we made an appearance there, stuffed ourselves and rode off into the sunset. Well, not really. But we did land ourselves in France. In a town called Bitche. Yes, you read that correctly. I'm so juvenile. I have the picture to prove it. (Pay no attention to my horribly greasy melon and helmet-head).
If you look in the background, you can see a ginormous brick building - that would be the 'Bitche Citadel' - a fortress that was built way back when to keep some bad guys from beating the hell out of the French in 1871. Didn't work so well, however. Apparently, the Bavarians beat the snot out of the French, despite their best efforts to hide out in this collosal monstrosity. It was actually pretty interesting and the view from up-top was stunning. See:
On our tour of the place, they gave us these snazzy blue headsets that eerily knew where you were throughout the site and gave you a brief history lesson of the spot you were standing in. Pretty cool. And stylish.
We've apparently become quite the little world travelers. For my actual birthday this weekend, my wonderful fiance has some surprise trip he's planned... I shall return with a full update and lots more pics. I'm thinking we should probably steer away from stuffing our faces every waking minute, however. Good times.

No comments:
Post a Comment