Thursday, August 2, 2007

So, here goes...

So, wow. Here I am. An official "blogger". I've always wondered what that word meant. And now I know. Here's where I write something that is supposed to spark the reader's interest. Hmm. Well, this is probably about the most basic blog out there, so after I play around a bit and figure this thing out, I'll work on making it all purdy and fancy.

Any of you that know me, probably know that I'm engaged to a wonderful guy and we're deep in the throngs of wedding planning. Yep, I'm finally gettin hitched. Never thought I'd become a Mrs. and do all those things that "those other people" do (pick up someone else's dirty socks, cook for someone other than myself - okay, Jeff does all the cooking, but still...). And not only am I going to be a Mrs., but I'm going to be a Mrs. Officer's Wife, which, if you asked me 5 years ago what my opinion on "those girls" was, it would have made your toes curl. Eek. I spent enough time on the enlisted side of things to know that I didn't want to be "dependent" upon anyone but guess what, I'm okay with carrying around a pink ID card. Really, I am. I've made a lot of great friends on "the other side" and they're some great girls. Don't get me wrong - I'm still not a fan of those Mrs. "I'm so and so's wife"-types, but there are always a few bad apples, I do suppose. I still work. I certainly don't sit home wondering what to do with my time or debating on whether I want to take the artsy-fartsy pottery class or craft endless scrapbooks of our time here in Germany. Although I wouldn't complain if those were the options I got to choose from everyday. I'd pretty much be okay with my life if I never had to listen to the screeching alarm clock or sit on the autobahn every morning cursing traffic (or the weather. or both). But I digress...

We're making some decent progress on the planning. I'm patiently awaiting my invites to arrive - my own fault that they're not here; if anyone knows me and my immeasurable fickleness then you'll know that I wasn't happy until I made at least 50 changes to them - anywho, they're on their way. I'm thinking we ought to get those out before the actual wedding takes place. Speaking of the wedding - We leave Germany for wedded bliss in exactly 61 days. Holy crap. ::Not freaking out, not freaking out::: We are making some fabulous accomplishments though this week. We've gotten our flower girl dresses ordered, invites are on their way, I've spent gobs of money on crap that we'll probably ultimately end up not needing. Good times. Can't wait to party it up on the beach and flounder on the beach for nearly the entire month of October. I shall post more as the Bridezilla in me rears her ugly head and comes up with more ways to make this thing much more complicated than it should be.

2 comments:

Sarah Gemba said...

Bridezilla Lives! =)

Unknown said...

i cant wait to read your blog!